I have been in great gyms and I have been in great bars, but never the two combined. The time is now for this to happen! Hell, I will be the owner. So here are some of the rules for my establishment:
Some hard and fast rules for Bas Barbell's Gym and Bar
1. NO stretching allowed. In the gym or in the bar.
2. Chalk is allowed and encouraged.
3. No Velcro belts, ever.
4. Honorary president of gym-Kirk Karwoski Honorary president of the bar- Ronnie Van Zant
5. No backpacks allowed unless they are camo and have a slot for a canteen
6. You must Deadlift a certain minimum weight to give advice to anyone- 700 for men, 405 for women
7. No whining (in the gym or the bar)
8. No false chatter, no cheering of any sort, no high fives, no clapping
9. Absolutely no phones allowed except for the payphone on the wall at the back of the bar.
10. Music is controlled by the strongest person in the gym. One rule about the music no matter how damn strong you are: No rap
13. No tights/yoga thingies of any kind. Cut off sweat pants encouraged.
14. Use of the outdoor shower is on a first come first serve basis. Bring your own towel. The hose outside can also be used.
15. Must know the password to come in. Password is Bill Starr
16. Maryland flag must be prominently displayed in gym and bar.
17. No water bottles. Absolutely none. Drink from the sink.
18. Official beer is Budweiser, official whiskey is George Dickel
19. Mason Jars are the only glasses to drink from in the bar.
20. Budweiser and a shot of Dickel are 5 dollars everyday
21. Jukebox in the corner of the bar must play only country, southern rock and metal. Marshall Tucker, Kieth Whitley, Merle Haggard, Skynyrd and Pantera (Not Cowboys from Hell), are the main artists on there. Each play costs a quarter.
22. Fights are allowed but only in the field out back. No kicking, because Johnny B from Southwest Philly says that only girls kick in his neighborhood. So girls are allowed to kick when they fight, I guess.
|Take it out back, Elvis!|
23. Dogs are allowed and encouraged in the gym and bar area. Big dogs only. No yapping dogs. No fluffy dogs. No dogs with sweaters or bells.
24. Dropping of dumbells allowed. Dropping of Mason Jars not allowed
24. Hats on frontwards or backwards, never sideways
25. Guns and knives are encouraged in bar area.
26. Six month trial for all new members, gym members must vote unanimously on the new member
27. Certain folks are grandfathered in-Randy White and any old Baltimore Colts
28. Any military active or retired are allowed in. If you are in the military and are not 21, you can still lift here and also drink here. If you are putting your life on the line for your country, you can have a few beers.
28. Food on the menu? Maryland Crabs, Steak, burgers, pork roll sandwiches, Old Bay fries, cream of crab soup, rockfish sandwiches.
29. Dart throwing area and knife/axe throwing area in the bar are used on a first come/first serve basis.
30. No darts or knives or axes are allowed to be used while fighting.
31. Sign the waiver so you can't sue anyone if you get your ass beat. Proper etiquette upon receiving an ass beating is to shake hands, walk back into the bar and buy your opponent a drink.
32. No man buns. Even if you deadlift 1,000 pounds, no man buns.