Some hard and fast rules for Bas Barbell's Gym in the Front/Bar in the Back
1. Squat deep
2. Chalk must be used
3. No Velcro belts
4. Honorary president- Ronnie Van Zant
5. No backpacks unless they are camo and have a canteen
6. You must Deadlift a certain minimum weight to give advice to anyone- 700 for men, 405 for women
7. Don't say can't
8. No false chatter, no cheering of any sort,
9. No shaking of protein shakes for more that 10 seconds, 5 second is preferred
10. No clapping, No celebrating of any kind. The less words the better.
11. No machines
12. No stretching
13. No phones except the payphone on the wall
14. Music is decided upon by the strongest person in the gym.
Official War Metal Band- Recluse Profanication. Official Country Band- Hank III
Old Metal Band-Superjoint Ritual Rap Band- Nobody
15. Maryland flag must be prominently displayed
16. No water bottles. Absolutely nonr. Drink from the sink.
17. Only beers above 5.2% allowed , official beer is the one Cristi and I drank in NC- Double dog Flying something. It was like 11%.
18. Only Mason Jars to drink from
19. Sawdust on the bar floor
20. Jukebox in the corner
21. Arm wrestling station in the corner. Fights are allowed but only in the field out back. No kicking, because Johnny B says only girls kick in his neighborhood. So girls are allowed to kick, I guess.
22. Dogs are allowed and encouraged in the gym and bar area. Big dogs only, Nothing less than fifty pounds.
23. Dropping of dumbells allowed, Dropping of Mason Jars is not allowed
24. Hats on frontwards or backwards, never sideways
25.Outlaw MC gangs encouraged to join
26. Six month trial for all new members, gym members must vote unanimously on the new member
27. Certain folks are grandfathered in- Randy White and any old Baltimore Colts
28. Food on the menu? Maryland Crabs, Steak, burgers, pork roll sandwiches, Old Bay Fries